Saturday, November 26, 2011

One Swedish afternoon

I took a tram ride downtown as the fog set slowly down on the streets of Gothenburg.  It was already dark.  With the sounds of Regina Spector - her eerie, but fantastic voice and brilliant lyrics - in my ears, she blended in with the fog which in return blended in with the newly-lit-Christmas lights.  The fog covered the street with hollow drowsiness and a sleepy overflow covered me up like a blanket.  The streets walked lonely, dark past me, with their only companion:   The Fog.  The water canal lay still, quiet, lifeless and awaiting the lights to come dance on it.  A mirror image of the Gothenburg world reflected in the water as I passed.  The eerie stillness calmed me, supported my hurried soul.  It whispered in my ear: I have to go there; I have to walk those streets in the foggy nothingness and hopefully find my footsteps back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...