Sunday, January 22, 2012

A snowflake on my boot today

It started to snow.  My first knee-deep, thick-patched, soft-bright-white snow.  Everything felt perfect.  Not even the too-hot heaters on the tram could spoil my mood.  It wasn't too cold or too dark, just perfect.  The snow seemed to have a white-balance effect on me. 

As I listened to Comptine D'Un Autre Ete - L'Apres Midi and J'Y Suis Jamais Alle (my new favorites from the soundtrack Le Fabuleux Destin D' Amelie), it seemed as if the bells, accordion and piano fell into perfect rhythm with the falling snowflakes.  And I too, fell into a perfect, peaceful rhythm. 

On my way to the tram stop I stuck out my tongue to catch a few snowflakes.  It tasted sweet.

I listened to Guilty (a old gramophone recording, from Le Fabuleux Destin D' Amelie),  re-living the old days where snow also fell, but on an older Gothenburg.  Where people walked the streets in gowns, top-hats, long black jackets and canes; where old cars drove through the snowy streets greeted by the occasional horse-carriage.  I was in a dream, a wonderland.  And then I fell with my new white playthings back down to earth.

Now I am filled with snowflakes, from the inside out; filled up and filled with.  I love every moment of my new, white ambiance.



 




Kids falling to the ground right and left to make snow angels!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...